Future Food Forum, Zhangzhou, China, 31 May – 1 JunePublished: 11-04-2016
Ensuring that future generations will have access to sufficient and healthy food is a major challenge for the world, but particularly for Southeast Asia. This is why worldwide, sustainable food production is high on the agenda. The upcoming Future Food Forum in Zhangzhou, one of the biggest cities in China’s Fujian province, will focus on the future of food production in Asia and the rest of the world.
Networking and new knowledge
The Future Food Forum is an international conference where food companies can learn about the latest developments in manufacturing healthy, safe and sustainable food products. It is also an excellent opportunity to meet potential business partners in China. The conference is organized by China Merchant Group, SEADC and Food Valley NL.
Prominent speakers from the food industry, research institutions and governments will paint a broad picture of the state of the art and future developments. At a more in-depth level, the conference will feature various thematic sessions exploring current food industry issues. There will be ample opportunity to meet new business partners from China and other Asian countries. Conference attendees can also take part in excursions to food companies and knowledge institutes in Fujian.
Fujian: food region
Food production has always been one of the strongest industrial sectors in Fujian, a province on the southeastern coast of China. The province has more than 3,000 food companies whose sales collectively amount to 100 billion Yuan (12 billion Euro). Mushrooms are the region’s main product; other strengths are seafood, canned vegetables and white tea.
Zhangzhou, one of Fujian’s biggest cities, wants to become China’s ‘famous food city’ and has drawn up a government-sanctioned plan to expand its food industry. In line with these ambitions, the city collaborated with Wageningen University to establish the Sino-Europe Development Centre (SEADC) in 2011. In November 2015, Food Valley NL opened a local office at SEADC.
‘Future Food Forum’ provisional program
Monday 31 May
- Prominent keynote speakers from industry and science
- Launch of ‘Asia Pacific Food Platform’
- Networking reception and dinner
Tuesday 1 June
- Sessions on food safety, food and health, sustainable production, startups and venture capital in China
- Excursions to food manufacturers in Fujian
- Matchmaking with potential business partners
Exhibitor fees (excluding 21% VAT):
- 2-day admission to Food Future Forum (including a table-top presentation) € 500
- 2-day product presentation € 300
- company logo presentation in main hall € 500,-
These rates include:
- Transfer from Xiamen International Airport to the conference venue
- Lunch and coffee break
- Welcome reception, dinner and a cultural event
These rates do not include travel, visa and accommodations. Participants need to arrange and pay for these themselves.
Food Valley NL, Ynske Ackerman email@example.com